Monday, November 1, 2010

A little girl dreams of

Being Jasmine with all the beautiful turquoise, shimmering fabric, and sparkly trim.  The reality- shoddy costumes and bare midriffs.  Another little girl's eyes shining as she says, "Belle!   Her dress is beautiful!!"   The reality- shoddy costumes and low necklines.   What is a mother to do? So started my latest sewing project.  And without further ado I present you-
                                                         My modest Jasmine! ;-)


Suitably shimmery and sparkly

You could hear her coming!

My version of Belle.
And no I did not teach either of my girls to pose like this.  I have no clue where they got it. 

A change of mind the day of by Cupcake meant a lot of thinking outside the Disney box to make the materials on hand work!

I was all trimmed out by the last stitch.

These pics are not the best, but the pictures I took pre and post where on my hubby's I-touch.  Which of course I can not get to hook up to the laptop.  Oh well.  These will do.

 All in all it was a lengthy but truly enjoyable sewing project.  While the results were quickly thrown together and not as finished as I would have preferred they made two little girls very, very happy.  What better reward for a mother's efforts than two bright smiles and bubbly laughter. 

Next up- an Arabian Extravaganza!!!

2 comments: